I love this super cute pig with the scarf from the Joyful Life stamp set from the July-August 2021 Mini Catalog. I immediately wanted to make Harry Potter themed cards with it. I used it to make this fun Magic Slider card. You can follow the four parts described below to make this card yourself. You can also watch the replay of this project on my Facebook page here or on my YouTube Channel below.
Magic Slider Pocket –
Bumblebee cs pocket base –
- Cut a Bumblebee cs pocket base – 11″ x 5 1/4″
- On the long side (11″) score at 5 1/2″.
- On the short side (5 1/4″) cut at 1/2 to the long side’s score line (half way) and then continue to score at 1/2″ on the bottom half and cut at 4 3/4″ to the long side’s score line (half way) and then continue to score at 4 3/4″ on the bottom half. (see pic below or see video)
- Snip off the flaps that were cut away from the base. Make an angle cut on both sides from the middle into the scored flaps. (see pic below or see video)
- The side with the flaps will be your card front. Glue your Designer Series Paper panel (5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″) to the card front.
- Die cut or punch your pull tab at the top center of the card front (smallest circle die in the Layering Circles dies). Also die cut or punch out the same circle to use to create your pull. I die cut a Basic Black cs circle that I will fold in half.
- Die cut out your window from the card front (second largest die from the Hippo & Friends dies). Keep in mind to center your window between the bottom of your pull and/or leaving enough room to hide your sentiment in the space between the top of your window and the bottom of your pull.
- Die cut a Basic Black cs window frame using the largest and second largest dies from the Hippo & Friends dies. Use glue to add it to the card front around your window. Add Matte Black Dots to the card front.
Making the Matching Window Sheet & Inside Panel Images –
- Cut a 5 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ Basic White cs panel & Window Sheet panel. Be sure that the panels fit exactly along the bottom (or middle fold) of your pocket base before stamping.
- With the Stamparatus position your image using the pocket base window as your guide (having folded in the flap and having it fit tightly against the Stamparatus).
- Stamp your image first on the Basic White cs panel with Memento Black ink (I made a second Basic White cs stamped panel just in case). Gently clean off your stamp with the Simply Shammy without moving the stamp’s position.
- Stamp the image on the Window Sheet with Stazon Black ink. Then be sure to clean your stamp with the Stazon Cleaner (and then clean off the cleaner).
- Test your images to make sure they line up.
- Trim your Window Sheet panel off the top so that it’s 4 1/2″ (make sure that before you cut that at 4 1/2″ the trimmed Window Sheet panel will be above the window top and below the pull tab). * Remember to NOT trim off at the bottom or sides! And then use Stampin’ Seal to attach the Window Sheet to the back of the card front making sure that it sits flush at the bottom.
- Color the image on the Basic White cs panel (including add Wink of Stella on the glasses). Stamp your sentiment from the Party Puffin stamp set in Memento Black ink.
- Trim your Basic White cs off the top so that it’s 4 1/2″ (make sure that before you cut that at 4 1/2″ the trimmed Basic White cs panel will be above the window top and below the pull tab). * Remember to NOT trim off at the bottom or sides!
- Test to make sure the images still line up – then add glue to the back of the trimmed & colored Basic White cs panel – holding the Basic White cs panel against the card front (ensuring that the images remain lined up) -press the Basic White cs panel to the inside of the back panel of the pocket base. (see video).
- Add a 1/4″ x 4″ Basic White cs strip to the top of the Basic White cs image panel (to create the stopper).
- Add Tear & Tape to the flaps and seal close the two sides to form the pocket.
Pull Tab Slider Panel –
- Cut a Basic White cs slider panel – 5 1/4″ x 4″.
- Using the die cut pull tab in the pocket as a guide – add the die cut Basic Black cs circle with glue to fold over the top of both sides of the Basic White cs panel. Use a whole punch to add a whole for the Baker’s Twine. I used White twine for the pull and knotted Black twine tie around the white twine.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Party Puffins stamp set in Memento Black ink on the slider panel (be sure that it will fit in the space between the top of the window and bottom of the pull tab.
- Use the cut out piece from the window to approximate where the window is on the slider panel and stamp the candles around the edges making sure that they won’t show through the window. Color the candles with Stampin’ Blends and add Wink of Stella to the flame.
- Glue two 1/4″ x 4″ Basic White cs strips to the bottom back edge of the slider panel to create the second half of the stopper to prevent pulling the slider panel out completely.
- Slightly bow the pocket to add the slider panel into the pocket.
Bumblebee cs Card –
- Cut a Bumblebee cs card base – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″.
- Cut & add a Basic White inside panel – 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″. Stamp your sentiment from the Sale-A-Bration In Your Words stamp set in Memento Black ink and add a strip of DSP (1/2″ x 4″) to the inside and back of the card to pull the theme through.
- Use Tear & Tape to attach the slider pocket to card base to create the Magic Slider Card card front.
I hope you enjoyed my Joyful Life Magic Slider card. You can order the Joyful Life stamp set, the Party Puffins stamp set, the 2020-2022 In Color DSP, and the Hippo & Friends dies in my Online Store and you can earn the Sale-A-Bration In Your Words Host stamp set with a qualifying $300 order/workshop. And don’t forget that Sale-A-Bration ends September 30th so don’t wait to earn these awesome exclusive products now!
*Special Thanks to France Martin from frenchiestamps.com. I modified her pocket design for my Magic Slider Card from her YouTube video below.
August 2021 Host Code is 2BVURY2P
You can follow me on Instagram here.