There is always something awesome happening at Stampin’ Up!
It’s a fabulous time to Join Stampin’ Up! and my Stamping Lovelies Team with the purchase of our best deal – the Starter Kit – pay $99 plus tax – for $125 in product you chose plus the Mini Cutter/ DSP sample pack & a stamp set of your choice for FREE. Also add in the extra value that the Starter Kit always includes free shipping! There is no obligation – you don’t have to sell – just enjoy the 20% discount on future purchases and the ability to order product early.
Cutting Blades Multipack will be available to purchase in January 2020.
- Cutting Blades Multipack $12.00 (item #152391)
- Each Cutting Blades Multipack unit contains four blades.
New Year Celebration Stamp Set
Experience Creativity Brochure
I’m excited Stampin’ Up! has a special brochure designed just for the Beginner Stamper. This brochure has a lovely selection of products without overwhelming someone new to this wonderful and rewarding hobby but will help them with their first purchases to unleash their creativity. Take a look…
New Style Dies and Embossing Folders –
Here are some of the changes you’ll notice with our new-style dies and embossing folders:
- Our new-style open dies (those that coordinate with stamps) use a high quality metal that’s thinner than before but still as strong and durable.
- The new-style dies have an added lip to the inside of the blades.
- On old-style dies, when you place an open die (dies that coordinate with stamps) over a stamped image, a small border of cardstock is visible around the stamped image. With new-style dies, the die hugs the edge of the stamped image. Instead of aligning the die to the space around the stamped image, you will align it to the edges of the stamped image. When the image is cut, there will still be a cardstock border around the image.
OLD STYLE ALIGNMENT
NEW STYLE ALIGNMENT
- We’ve improved the adhesive that secures the dies to the insert sheet in the package so that it’s not too sticky. It’s easier to remove dies from the insert sheet, and the adhesive won’t cling to the dies.
- We’ve standardized the size of the die inserts for easier storage based on our observation of how demonstrators store their dies. There are now only two insert sizes: 5″ x 7″ (12.7 x 17.8 cm), which coordinate in size with our stamp cases, and 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 cm). The standard sizes will allow uniform storage in whatever system you use. The envelopes that the dies come in will be slightly larger.
- With old-style Dynamic folders, we recommended you spritz cardstock before embossing to soften the fibers so you got a better impression. Now, that extra step will not be necessary because the new-style folders usually create a crisp impression without spritzing. The way the new folders are manufactured also gives us options for more detailed and intricate designs in the future.
- 3D folders are thinner than our old-style Dynamic folders. Because they are thinner, you will need to use a shim, depending on the die-cutting & embossing machine you use.
3d Embossing Plate
Stampin’ Up! is introducing a new 3D Embossing Folder Plate to work with our new-style 3D embossing folders (which are thinner than our old-style Dynamic folders). This new Plate will be available in early June and is not the new 2019-2020 Annual Catalog.
How to Use the New Plate
The new plate makes up the difference in measurement between our old-style Dynamic Folders and our new-style 3D Folders in 21 mm gap machines (similar to the machine we used to offer). The 3D Embossing Folder Plate replaces the Standard Cutting Pads in your 3D embossing folder sandwich for continued high-quality emboss results.
To create your emboss sandwich:
- Use a die-cutting & embossing machine platform as a base; no matter which machine you’re using, use the standard platform which comes with your machine.
- Use the 3D Embossing Folder with your paper in the middle.
- Then use the 3D Embossing Folder Plate on top.
Given the differences in machines and platforms, you may still have to add a shim to get your desired embossing results. (You can also spritz your paper before embossing to maximize your embossed impressions.)
Without the new 3D Embossing Folder Plate, you will need to use several shims with the Standard Cutting Pad in your 3D embossing folder sandwich, depending on the die-cutting & embossing machine you use. Most machines will need between three to five sheets of cardstock to shim. Please be careful in how you shim; start out with fewer sheets first, then add sheets to get your desired results. Stampin’ Up! will not be responsible to replace products broken due to using a sandwich which is too thick for a machine.
Big Shot Cutting Plates